Monday, February 14, 2011

Inspiration: Naturalist Decor

The snow, and more importantly, the ice is melting.  The sun is shining, and change is in the air.  I'm especially embracing the breeze of interior re-decorating.   I just scored a fantastic 1950s handloomed rug on Craigslist for $75!!!!   The lady was moving, so she also threw in an antique oak chair, peacock bookends, a Canadian Mountee on a horse, and a gorgeous vintage dress.  Thank you! With this great inspiration piece, I'm trolling Apartment Therapy for some re-vamping ideas.


View this great photostream here!
I've adopted a similar grouping strategy with my houseplants.  I'm hoping it will be better for their health, as I will remember to water them ALL and not just a lucky few.  Mine, however, are gathered in front of my defunct fireplace, with a similar collection to the one below.

I'm in love with this collection of oddities!

I am just dying for some kind of taxidermied animal head or some antlers.  And dancing bears under a bell jar?  Yes please!  All I have are butterflies.  I also found tons of inspiration in the next house.  Todd and Stephen have created such a haven that it was hard to choose just two photos for the blog, but do yourself a favor and check it out.  You'll be immediately relaxed! 


I'm completely head-heels- for Stephen and Todd's farmhouse

and how adorable is this little guy....?

Naps in the sunshine?  Sounds like someone else I know.







I've got a LONG list of summer projects that I'm just itching to get to work on!  Those include....


1) Planting a tree, most likely a magnolia
2) Get a serious, workable compost station going
3) Plant a proper garden
4) Landscape the grass out of my front yard (it's tiny)
5) Plant a vining privacy trellis outside my bedroom window, as I live in a pretty busy part of town

What are some of your summer to-dos?  Do you have any big projects you're just itching to get started on?  Please share in the comments section below!  Also, if you know of any sweet interiors that include lots of plants and natural oddities, please share!


XO,
Amber 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...